Any Dallas locksmith will tell you that there is more to home security than simply locking doors. Here are a few more tips to help your home to be more secure.
Securing your windows in your home means more than just locking them. A-1 Dallas Locksmith suggests that you:
- Protect your windows with one or more good locks, an alarm system, burglar-resistant glass, or many small panes instead of one large area of glass.
- When installing a window lock, drip some solder on the screw heads. It will stop a burglar from unscrewing the lock after cutting a small hole in the window pane.
Securing your garage is just as important as securing your home. Here are some suggestions for garage security:
- Frost over or cover your garage windows; this prevents burglars from being able to tell if your car is gone.
- Keep the door to the garage closed and locked, regardless of whether you are home or not.
- Install a peephole in the door separating the house from the garage. That way, if you hear suspicious sounds, you can check without opening the door.
- If you are worried about someone entering the house through the attached garage, if the door lifts on a track, a C-clamp can provide extra security as the door cannot be opened if you tighten the C-clamp on the track next to the roller. This is only temporary and calling A-1 Dallas Locksmith to install something more secure would be safer.
How to secure your windows and doors:
- Contact a trusted Dallas locksmith to help you install 1-inch deadbolt locks on all exterior doors.
- To give more security with your patio door, set a pipe or metal bar in the middle bottom track of the door slide. The pipe or metal bar should be the same length as the track.
- Replace rotted door frames with a new, solid wood. Rotted wood makes it easy for a burglar to pry through.
- Make sure any door with a glass panel is either fortified, replaced or secured with deadbolts that can only be opened with a key. Otherwise, it makes it a simple process for a burglar to break the glass panels and simply reach in to open the doorknob from the inside.
A-1 Dallas Locksmith has been helping the residents of Dallas, Plano, Fort Worth, and Arlington to feel more secure. This Dallas locksmith company has been trusted in the business for over half a century.
For all of your locksmithing needs, call A-1 Dallas Locksmith at (972) 284-7500 for the call center or for Emergency service, call (972) 284-7516. A-1 Dallas Locksmith offers competitive pricing and years of experience and is a name you CAN trust.