Wireless vs. Wired Security Camera Systems
Certain things still require wires. Take internet cables and charging cords, for example. More and more, however, device and electronic designers are doing away with wires for the cost savings and added convenience.
Wireless technology has been around for years and it has made its way into the world of security camera systems. This begs the question: should you go the wireless or wired route with your security camera systems? Let’s discuss.
Advantages of Wired Security Camera Systems
Many people don’t like change, which is a big reason why traditional wired security camera systems continue to be popular. But there are several other benefits that may lead you to stick with a wired security system, and that’s OK. Here are some of the advantages of these wired security camera systems:
- They depend on cords, not signals, so they are more reliable.
- They can’t be hacked or accessed by hackers remotely.
- Cutting any wires or cords will usually set off the alarm, adding peace of mind.
- They are usually more affordable than wireless security camera systems.
- Streaming, video and image quality tends to be better.
Advantages of Wireless Security Camera Systems
On the other hand, some people get excited about new technology and are the first to try new things. But they also enjoy the unique benefits of security systems without wires. Here are some of the advantages of these wireless security camera systems:
- They are much easier to install than wired security camera systems.
- They’re more flexible when it comes to placement, compared to wired systems.
- It’s easier to space them out and set them up as you see fit due to their portability.
- Eco-friendly and upgraded features continue to be developed.
- You can usually access your system remotely from your phone or computer.
These are just a few advantages of each type of system. If you’re interested in a security camera system for your home or business, A-1 Locksmith, Security & Safes is happy to provide the option that fits your needs best. Stop by any of our DFW-area locations today to browse our selection and ask questions. Or, give us a call at (972) 284-7500 today!Back to Blog