Should I Have Bought a Bigger Safe?
While the iconic phrase from the movie Jaws is known by many (“You’re gonna need a bigger boat”), the characters in the movie might have been better off if they sought shelter in a safe instead. A big safe. Alas, they didn’t and life goes on.
Similarly, though, you might be remorseful if you’ve found yourself needing a bigger safe. If you recently purchased a safe that’s smaller than you thought (or your existing safe isn’t quite roomy enough to meet your needs), here are some steps you can take to remedy the situation.
Decide Whether You Really Need a Bigger Safe
First, you need to determine whether your existing safe will meet your needs. What are you storing? Jewelry? Guns? These are small items that don’t necessarily need a bigger safe. But if any of the following scenarios sound familiar, it might be time to upgrade:
- You’ve had the safe in your family forever and it no longer meets your needs.
- You’ve purchased your second or third firearm (or a larger firearm).
- You’ve discovered you need to store a dehumidifier in your safe for your gun(s).
- You have a growing family and a growing number of special valuables.
- You anticipate a need for a bigger safe in the coming years.
Trade In Your Old Safe
Did you know that some safe retailers accept safe trade-ins? While many of our competitors don’t offer this service, we’re proud to accept trade-ins at A-1 Locksmith. Whether you have a smaller safe that you don’t need or you bought one that you can’t return, you can make the most of your safe upgrade experience with us.
Pick a Used or New Safe
When you’re ready to get a new safe, you can either purchase one online or visit a brick-and-mortar showroom. Either way, you’ll have to decide whether a new or used safe is right for you. Used safes have their benefits, but new safes are the better option for some. You’ll also need to decide on the right brand. Browning and Liberty are some of the most trusted in the industry, but other factors like fire rating, security rating, design and size may come into play with your decision.
Have Your New Safe Delivered
The best part about upgrading your safe? You can have a professional handle the delivery and installation. Here are some of the benefits of professional safe delivery and installation when you work with A-1 Locksmith:
- We deliver the safe to the location of your home that you choose, even if it’s upstairs.
- We actually install the safes instead of simply dropping them off.
- We provide bolt-down service on every installation.
- We only use professional safe delivery teams.
- We also provide in-home training before we leave.
- We guarantee 100% satisfaction.
If you’re in the market for a bigger safe, trust the company with the most jewelry and gun safes in Dallas-Fort Worth. Give the A-1 Locksmith team a call today at (972) 284-7500—or stop by any of our DFW locations—and we’ll help you pick out one that’s right for you.Back to Blog