Residential Security.. Should I Really Spend The Money?
Holidays are the time of year when family can get together, eat awesome food, open gifts and…getting burglarized. Yeah Sparky the family dog might be an awesome watch dog.. but he can’t dial out for help. In fact, nearly 400,000 burglaries take place in the United States each year, according to the FBI. So if your home if filled with lots of new gifts or plans to travel you should take extra precautions to prevent being burglarized.
- Homes without a security system are 300% more likely to be broken into.
- 2,000,000 burglaries are reported each year
- Only 17% of the homes in U.S. have a security system.
- Police usually only clear 13% of all reported burglaries due to lack of witnesses or physical evidence.
- Nearly 66 percent of all burglaries are residential (home) break-ins.
- The highest percentage of burglaries occur during the summer months.
- Break ins usually occur in the daytime when occupants are at school or work.
- Most breaks are through front or back doors.
Why Should I Get A Security System?
- Increases the potential of burglar being caught.
- Save your possessions and/or a life.
- Burglars will usually bypass a home that they believe has a sophisticated burglar alarm.
- 1 out of 3 residential assaults are a result of a burglary.
- Every 13 seconds a home intrusion is committed.
- Home Break-Ins (Burglary) are the most common threat to our home.
- Having a security system will give you peace of mind & security.
Securing Your Home
Burglars are lazy.. if they have to work too hard for what they want they’ll most likely just go to their next victim. You worked hard for those belongings in your home, don’t make it easy for someone to come in and snatch up a salaries worth of house hold items.
Tips For Securing Your Home
- Have a home security system installed.
- Don’t advertise that you’ll be going on vacation, or that you’ll be alone.
- Don’t show off gifts, cut up any boxes advertising expensive items purchased.
- Update/secure all entry points in your home.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
It’s always better to be safe than sorry, right? So before becoming a part of the statistics save your family and home by adding a security system and updating your entry points to your home. There’s nothing better than having someone to protect you and your belongings even while your away.Back to Blog