Locksmith Cost: Proactive vs. Reactive Services
There’s an old proverb that says “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” This is true whether you’re talking about medical situations, financial investments or home maintenance. For the purposes of this blog post, we’ll be talking about the latter — specifically, the security aspects of home maintenance.
When it comes to residential locksmith costs, would you rather pay a little now or pay more later? When someone breaks into your home, replacing the broken door, lock or window (as well as any stolen belongings) can be much more costly than preventative security measures.
Reactive Locksmithing Services
Reactive services are when you react to an incident that occurred by hiring someone to address it. Many of these situations can be avoided with proper preparation and prevention. But once there’s an incident — especially one involving the security of your home — you have no choice but to address it. Burglaries aren’t the only situations that lead to reactively hiring a locksmith, however. Here are six examples of situations that require reactive locksmithing services:
- Locked out of your home
- Lost the keys to your home
- Had a home lock broken or stolen
- Moved into a new home where you don’t have the locks
- Had your property vandalized
- Had valuables or firearms stolen from your home
All of these situations have other consequences as well. Many also involve lost time, as you have to deal with getting everything back to the way it was. There can also be a lot of stress involved, in addition to other negative consequences.
Proactive Locksmithing Services
Proactive services, on the other hand, are when you prepare for an incident ahead of time so it doesn’t happen (or you at least minimize the possibility of it happening). Let’s take the six example situations mentioned above and see how a residential locksmith could have addressed them with proactive locksmithing services:
- Spare key creation, so you can access your home even if you’ve locked your main keys inside
- Key duplication (even if you don’t have the key) so you don’t have to worry about lost keys
- High-security locks that are difficult to break or manipulate
- New locks and rekeying so you’re all set once you move in
- Security system and/or security camera installation to catch criminals in the act
- Home and gun safe sales and installation to protect valuables and firearms
Invest in proactive locksmithing services now so you can avoid paying more for reactive services later. Give the A-1 Locksmith team a call today at 972-284-7500 to schedule a consultation or appointment.Back to Blog