Dallas Locksmith Gives Home Security While Away
A burglar who is looking for a way to rob your home is ALWAYS watching you—they know when you are home, when you leave, how long you will be gone for, what stores you shop at, and many other tidbits of information about you. ALL burglars live for the moment when you will be on vacation. An uninhibited house is a big TEMPTATION for a burglar and the longer it stays uninhibited, the more susceptible your house becomes. Here are a few tips to help keep your house safe while you are away:
- Get the advice of a professional locksmith such as half of a century of experience to offer for home safety. ; they have over a
- Have your plans to be away been publicized through a newspaper notice? If so, hire a house sitter. Burglars often read the newspapers to see who is planning to be away from home.
- Ask your neighbors to use your trash cans while you are on vacation to that your absence won’t be so obvious.
- Before leaving home, adjust your telephone ring to its lowest volume; an unanswered phone is a quick tip that your home is empty.
- Have a neighbor collect your mail while you are gone or contact the post office and fill out a ‘hold mail’ form; a mailbox that stays full is another sure sign that you are gone.
- Get a home security system installed by a professional such as ; A-1Locksmith can install many different security features for your residential and commercial needs.
- Ask a neighbor to park their car in your driveway.
- Put an automatic timer on lights, radio, and television; this helps it appear as if you are home (even if you are not).
- Inform a neighbor that you will be gone and leave them with a key as well as instructions on how to work your security system.
- Do NOT post plans on ANY social network—this includes Facebook and MySpace.
- Make sure your lawn and bushes are manicured, no matter what the temperature is—pay a teen to shovel a trail to your door so that it appears that your house is being used and that someone is home.
- Set an out-of-office reply for email; do NOT use one that says that you are on vacation, out-of-town, have a funeral to attend, etc.
- Make sure all valuables and papers with account numbers on them are in a locked safe. That will help keep your valuables safe as well and keep your personal information from being compromised.
This is a list of tips to give you some peace of mind while you are away.
For all of yourcall A-1 Locksmith at (972) 284-7500 for the call center or for Emergency service, call (972) 284-7516. A-1 Locksmith offers competitive pricing and years of experience and is a name you CAN trust.Back to Blog